Public Domain License Terms and legal stuff
All photos on this site are under the Public Domain license. This means you are free to use them personally or commercially on any project without asking for permission. Please consider giving credit to goodfreephotos.com when you use the images. Please note that any trademarked models or logos that are in these pictures do not have release authorization(such as brand name cars, etc) so you may have to obtain permission from the trademark holder for such photos.
You, the user, of such photos bear all responsibility and liability for obtaining release authorizations for photos that need them. These photos on this site are provided for your use "as is". I do not obtain model releases for each image that has identifiable people on it, so I cannot guarantee that you can use it for any purpose that you like. Pictures that require model releases should generally be used for editorial purposes only.
Furthermore, certain Images may be subject to additional copyrights, property rights, trademarks, or other rights, and may require the consent of a third party or the license of these rights. I and goodfreephotos.com do not represent or make any warranties that I own or license any of the mentioned, nor do I grant them. It's your(the user of the image) responsibility to make sure that all the necessary rights, consents and licenses for the use of the Images are provided.
Here is a general list of things that may require a model, property, or other release for commercial use(not comprehensive, there may be more things):
- Private property
- Artworks(mainly drawings and paintings) that are not in the public domain(any artwork in which the author has been dead for more than 70 years is in the public domain).
- Identifiable people(models)
- Any logo or trademark
- Brand-name products that are indentifiable
Here is a list of things that are generally ok to use commercially:
- Cityscapes(where one building is not the focus but the cityscape as a whole)
- Everyday objects(without brand names or logos on them, just photoshop them out)
- buildings within the public domain(government buildings, etc) or public places
- Artwork in which the author passed away more than 70 years ago(this would include all ancient and renaissance works)
- Non-luxury cars made before 1985 without branding and logos on them
You may not claim ownership of any image in its original state, and you cannot license or sublicense images granting exclusive rights as they are. These images are public domain and are made available by me to everyone.
To learn for about the Public Domain License, please click the link below.
This work is licensed under a
Public Domain License.